Flight attendants, bloggers and bicycle couriers are among the most sought-after jobs amid huge changes to the world of work because of the coronavirus crisis, new research suggests.
Jobs site Adzuna said demand for flight attendants and cabin crew has increased following pandemic-related redundancies in the sector.
Adzuna said recently laid-off flight crew were competing for the limited number of available jobs.
Bicycle courier jobs have soared in popularity over the last year as the pandemic has driven up demand for home deliveries and takeaway services, said Adzuna.
Other sought-after positions include private chef, blogger, events organisers and jobs in NHS administration, the study suggested.
Andrew Hunter, co-founder of Adzuna, said: “Jobs in the airline and event industries are like hen’s teeth at the moment and we’re seeing massive interest from jobseekers whenever these positions come up, reflecting recent redundancies in these sectors.
“Creative jobs like blogger roles and digital graphic designer openings are also proving popular, as many workers have chosen to pursue creative fulfilment during the pandemic.
“Gig jobs like bicycle couriers are highly sought after as many workers look to top up their income in a tight financial climate.
“The research also shows pay doesn’t mean popularity when it comes to job adverts as 25 of the top 30 most sought-after jobs offer lower salaries than the UK average, showing many jobseekers are looking for more than just money when seeking a new role.”
The 30 most sought-after jobs in 2021 – and what they pay
- Flight Attendant/ Cabin Crew – £19,893
- Door Supervisor – £20,002
- Private Chef – £30,018
- Executive Secretary – £31,066
- Personal Assistant – £20,039
- Non-Executive Director – £37,614
- Bricklaying Supervisor – £26,984
- Events Executive – £33,741
- Make-up Artist – £20,633
- Digital Graphic Designer – £28,225
- Blogger – £22,000
- Studio Assistant – £31,009
- Human Resources Office Administrator – £22,000
- Learning Development Partner – £39,640
- AML (anti money laundering) Analyst – £39,893
- Front of House Receptionist – £22,585
- Executive Assistant Office Manager – £29,300
- Head Pastry Chef – £29,516
- Activism Officer – £21,568
- Head of Retail – £53,518
- Office Facilities Manager – £36,850
- Chief Operating Officer – £68,174
- Events Manager – £35,064
- Marketing Graduate – £23,491
- Team Assistant Administrator – £21,550
- Bicycle Courier – £22,808
- Marketing Events Coordinator – £29,036
- NHS Administrator – £20,118
- Project Administrator – £24,878
- Editorial Assistant – £19,545