My WMF pressure cooker has made my cooking so much easier, not only do I save time, I also cook my meals more energy efficient and I can keep all the healthy nutrients IN the meal instead of them escaping the pot while I cook.
But back to the beginnings: WMF is a German kitchen supply manufacturer whose history goes back in the mid 19th century.
They have always been known as quality supplier (Made in Germany) for kitchen hardware and that’s why I decided to purchase my first pressure cooker from WMF.
But what is a pressure cooker and why would you want to have one in your kitchen?
Here’s a quick summary of what differentiates it from a regular cooker:
– you save A LOT of time (up to 70%) when you prepare your meal in a quality pressure cooker
– one of the, in my opinion, most important issues: you keep the vitamins and minerals IN the food much better than you would with regular cooking methods, the reason for that being the pressure lid that keeps the steam inside and thus the nutrients of your food
– you save energy since the cooking process is shortened
– you can prepare an entire meal in just one pot meaning less cleaning effort
– you can even use a pressure cooker to unfreeze or preserve food
WMF offers its pressure cookers in three different lines. They are called PERFECT, PERFECT PLUS and PERFECT ULTRA.
The difference between the lines lies in the handle of the lid, the higher we get in the line, the more advanced the handle and therefore the ease of use.
The cookers can be purchased as single pieces or as entire sets of different sizes. Of course, the more sizes you have, the wider the variety of the things you can cook.
The sizes start at 2.5 litres, next comes 3 litres, then 4.5 litres, 6.5 litres and the biggest one is 8.5 litres.
The maintenance efforts are so minimal, it’s almost ridiculous, it’s basically done in one minute since most of the time I only have one pot to clean.
I can remove all parts of the cooker and throw it in the dish washer (yes) and quickly clean the handle under running water.
Three years warranty by WMF closes the deal for me…
Great product, easy to use, healthy, time and energy saving way to prepare my food…
That’s why I love my WMF pressure cooker.