Just simply because you’re trying to take in sugar-totally free, does not indicate you can not have dessert. And I am not speaking about fresh fruit or frozen fruit ice cream — this is genuine decadent, moist, and sweet chocolate cake! You will be so impressed with the tender texture of the cake and the totally sweet, clean, and thick chocolate frosting. This chocolate cake recipe is vegan, gluten-totally free, oil-absolutely free, and sweetened in a natural way with dates, sweet potato, and banana. But I assure it — it tastes like chocolate cake! My partner was shocked that it was no cost from any added or refined sugar.
What you can surely need to make this cake is a high-pace blender. You can use it to make both equally the cake batter and the frosting, in order to puree the dates and the raw cashews. A foods processor will function much too, but the frosting just won’t be as sleek.
This cake is designed with whole food substances, so when you eat it, you are going to come to feel energized and not get that sugar crash later. I adore that it is healthful, but it doesn’t taste nutritious! I are not able to get in excess of how delectable the frosting is, and I like it so substantially additional than the kinds you get in the tubs at the store, which can style fake and as well sweet, IMO. Just notice that although this cake is produced with balanced and complete ingredients, it can be not minimal in energy.
This cake recipe is fantastic for a birthday, a specific supper or holiday break, or for a standard Tuesday night time. Retail outlet leftovers (if there are any!) in the fridge for up to five days.
- For the cake:
1 3/4 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium)
1 incredibly ripe banana
1 1/2 cups Medjool dates (about 15 to 18)
4 ounces applesauce (one particular of those people smaller cups)
1 cup drinking water
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups rolled oats (ground to make 2 1/4 cups oat flour)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
- For the frosting:
2 cups uncooked cashews (9 ounces)
3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or any non-dairy milk)
3/4 cup Medjool dates (9 to 12)
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Location a parchment paper circle on both equally bottoms of two nine-inch spherical cake pans.
- Add mashed sweet potato, banana, dates, applesauce, water, balsamic vinegar, and vanilla to a large speed blender and blend until eventually easy, various minutes.
- In a substantial bowl, incorporate the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder, and blend alongside one another. Increase the wet elements to the dry and blend together right until smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter in between the two prepared cake pans and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Just take the pans out of the oven, and just after a handful of minutes, acquire the cakes out of the pans and amazing totally on a rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting, add all the elements to your blender and method right until clean. Have persistence with this and use your damper — this can choose up to 10 minutes, but it truly is value it. This frosting ought to appear like this:
- Area 1 cake on a plate or cake stand. Frost the leading of that layer. Incorporate the next layer of cake and frost the prime and sides. Embellish with fresh fruit and take pleasure in!
Her’s the dietary data for 1 slice (makes 10) from verywell.com:
- Desserts, Cake
- 10 slices
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time
- 30 minutes
- Overall Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Energy for every serving