Battle CREEK, Mich., Dec. 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Kellogg Company (NYSE: K) these days introduced the effects of its staff-pushed program to help deal with foods stability in recognition of Globe Foodstuff Working day.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release in this article:
Kellogg and its staff achieved much more than 4.1 million people today by means of food donations, volunteerism and providing campaigns – as nicely as those people who participated in firm-sponsored routines, these kinds of as on the net or in-retail outlet promotions and digital events to understand additional about the concern of food stuff stability.
The variety of persons enduring hunger is at an all-time high in 2020 due to the fact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is envisioned that an additional 83 to 132 million folks will go hungry – and that is on top rated of the 690 million people today who now confront starvation worldwide.
Environment Meals Working day was noticed Oct. 16, but Kellogg sponsored functions in the months prior to and soon after it.
Thousands of Kellogg personnel, from the U.S. to Latin The us to Europe and throughout Asia, rolled up their sleeves to make sure much more children and family members ended up getting fed and fulfilled by means of digital food drives, fundraisers, socially distanced in-person food stuff collections and numerous other pursuits.
“As a leading global food firm that addresses meals insecurity, Kellogg workers all over the world have after once again stepped up to place their heart and soul on show to generate Much better Days for folks in require,” mentioned Steve Cahillane, Kellogg Firm Chairman and CEO.
“And they did it in creative means due to the limits of the pandemic. It was very inspiring to see our persons arrive together from locations close to the globe and rally for a prevalent goal. This get the job done has never ever been additional essential as we strive for a excellent and just environment, the place individuals are not just fed, but fulfilled.”
- In Europe, workforce in Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Eire, the British isles and Russia participated in food stuff drives, held fundraising occasions, and tuned in to digital conversations about the concern of meals insecurity. Kellogg partnered with shops in Belgium and Germany on promotions to donate food stuff and elevate funds for area foodstuff banking companies. In Russia, colleagues at the company’s Kutno producing facility donated food items and cash to help a regional orphanage. And in the Uk, the Wrexham plant crew assisted deliver 1,000 kilograms of meals to area hunger relief companies.
- In AMEA, personnel in South Africa mobilized to make #MyBetterDays times by assembling more than 13,000 hampers loaded with meals and encounter masks to distribute to people in have to have in their communities. A single Kellogg producing supervisor from the Springs facility shared how the hampers assisted to present some a great deal-required relief to families struggling with the consequences of the pandemic. You can browse more about his tale in this Social K web site. Pringles Asia Pacific collaborated with e-commerce shopper RedMart, on a ‘buy a box, give a box’ marketing campaign to assistance frontline COVID-19 healthcare personnel. Kellogg Korea, in partnership meals and beverage firm, Nongshim, collectively donated foods and resources to the non-earnings firm, Little one Fund Korea.
- In Latin The usa, staff participated in virtual volunteering functions, donated food stuff and cash to charity companions and created facial area masks and bags produced of t-shirts for regional food items banks to provide their donations. In Mexico, staff members volunteered at a university to teach little ones how to stay away from food waste. The Latin The united states team also created a “Heart & Soul” podcast that highlighted exterior associates talking about food stuff insecurity.
- In Canada, the staff rallied from coast to coast to generate #KCIBetterDays by securely delivering hampers loaded with cereal, masks and a notice of encouragement to Canadians in want in their communities. Kellogg also partnered with its premier client, Loblaws, for an in-retail store activation whereby for each and every box of cereal offered on Environment Food stuff Day at Loblaws Sector & Low cost banners, Kellogg donated $1.00 (up to a highest of $50,000) to President’s Decision Children’s Charity to enable struggle childhood hunger.
- In the United States, employees donated to United Way and other charitable associates via Kellogg’s Far better Days campaign and contributed to a selection of functions, together with virtual fundraisers wherever organization leaders and Kellogg’s Small business/Worker Source Teams competed for greatest resources elevated. Kellogg also partnered as soon as again with Amazon and Feeding America, this year internet hosting a “Stream It Forward” advertising where by Amazon donated $1 for just about every hour of written content streamed in the Food stuff Network Kitchen area application on Hearth Tv set, pill and Echo Demonstrate. Plus, for every collaborating Kellogg food acquired on Amazon.com throughout the marketing time period, Kellogg donated 10 meals to Feeding The us.
These initiatives add to Kellogg’s Far better Days global intent platform and commitment to create far better days for 3 billion people today close to the globe by 2030.
About Kellogg Business
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to enrich and delight the entire world by foods and manufacturers that make a difference. Our beloved brand names contain Pringles®, Cheez-It®, Unique K®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats®, Kashi®, RXBAR®, MorningStar Farms® and more. Web profits in 2019 were being about $13.6 billion, comprised principally of treats and convenience foods like cereal and frozen foodstuff. Kellogg brands are beloved in markets around the globe. We are also a corporation with Heart & Soul, committed to building Improved Days for 3 billion people today by the stop of 2030 via our Kellogg’s® Much better Times international function system. Stop by www.KelloggCompany.com or www.OpenforBreakfast.com.
Perspective authentic information: http://www.prnewswire.com/information-releases/kellogg-personnel-on-six-continents-rise-up-and-rally-to-feed-people today-in-will need-for-planet-meals-working day-301193773.html
Resource Kellogg Firm