WELLESLEY, Mass., Jan. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The Harvard Pilgrim Wellness Treatment Basis is now accepting programs for a new “Healthy Youth, Wholesome Local community” racial fairness grants software. 5 grants of $20,000 every single are accessible to BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Folks of Colour)-led organizations supporting and performing with BIPOC youth in Connecticut, Mass., Maine, and New Hampshire. This grants software will support BIPOC youth strengthen the in general wellness and racial equity of their group.
“In reaction to racial violence incidents throughout the nation this calendar year, our Basis workforce produced this grants initiative to pay attention, study and interact BIPOC youth leaders as they imagine their possess community’s wants,” mentioned Karen Voci, president of the Harvard Pilgrim Well being Treatment Basis. “Via this grants system, our target is to guidance growth of our long run leaders as they get the job done to drive adjust and make their communities more healthy – from supporting to offer primary desires in the regions of foods, shelter and wellness solutions to making position possibilities to fostering group partnerships for advocacy or social justice.”
Grant eligibility and criteria are:
- BIPOC-led and 501(c)(3) businesses serving predominantly BIPOC youth 21 and beneath in CT, MA, ME, and NH. BIPOC-led is outlined as owning a BIPOC Govt Director/President or Youth Method Director, the the vast majority of Board of Directors remaining BIPOC, and/or have a demonstrated record of meaningful engagement with BIPOC youth.
- Thriving companies will operate instantly with BIPOC youth in expanding youth-dependent assumed management and action in regional communities.
- Encounter in reducing the inequitable impacts of social determinants of health for all communities, notably BIPOC communities.
- Youth should be supported by the grant recipient firm to actualize their concepts. Such guidance could incorporate staff/volunteer assistance, facilities, supplies, stipends, etc.
Grant Application Deadline is February 1, 2021. Click on here to access the “Nutritious Youth, Healthier Group” grant software.
Proposal Due: February 1, 2021
Proposal Assessments: February 2 – February 26, 2021
Awards: Week of March 1, 2021
“The Foundation considers this grant method a partnership concerning us and the BIPOC assignments,” said Voci. “Through ongoing connections and assist, we hope to share and find out from 1 one more. Where doable we will hook up our funded youth courses with other leaders and mentors for improvement and leadership prospects. This system is especially significant now as so several BIPOC communities listed here in New England have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Basis is dedicated to addressing racial and social inequities and wellness disparities across the location.”
In 2020, the Harvard Pilgrim Foundation provided a lot more than $4.5 million to help racial fairness initiatives like:
- $3 million to help Community Overall health Facilities targeted on delivering treatment to predominately Black and Brown communities, as nicely as centers that supply treatment for susceptible populations, to support fairness and equality in accessing health and fitness treatment, and tackle well being disparities. A whole of $1 million of that funding went to assistance Massachusetts’ Group Treatment Cooperative’s (C3) marketing campaign to increase telehealth potential and meet telehealth need in group health facilities statewide in reaction to COVID-19.
- $1 million to the New Commonwealth Racial Equity and Social Justice Fund to support tackle health disparities. The Fund was founded by a coalition of Massachusetts Black and Brown executives for the sole goal of doing the job with each other to rework and deal with systemic racism and racial inequity in Massachusetts.
- $250,000 to help The Base in addressing health and fitness disparities, delivering programming for its youth scholar-athletes and their households, which includes offering contemporary fruits and vegetables right to the youth athletes to assist them fuel up with healthy foods.
- Delivered funding for an crisis foods distribution method for a lot of businesses throughout the region, which includes The Dimock Center’s 350+ Early Training people – all at-risk families with youthful youngsters and other people in need to have in Dimock’s Roxbury community. More than 55,000 meals had been sent to all those in need in CT, MA, ME and NH.
- Addressing food insecurity by offering contemporary make packing containers to Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston’s customers and families on a weekly foundation, with an regular of 280 make bins dispersed every 7 days to ensure they are eating well and staying balanced.
- $100,000 grant from the Harvard Pilgrim Foundation to the New England Foods Technique Resilience Fund that will be specified to right assist neighborhood Black and Brown-led agriculture businesses.
About The Harvard Pilgrim Well being Treatment Foundation
Created in 1980, The Harvard Pilgrim Wellness Care Basis (the “Basis”) supports Harvard Pilgrim Health Care’s mission to make improvements to the good quality and worth of health treatment for the people today and communities we provide. The Basis offers the equipment, instruction and leadership to enable create healthy communities during Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. In 2019, the Basis awarded just about $2.9 million in grants to 990 nonprofit corporations in the location. Considering that its inception in 1980, the Foundation has awarded $155 million in funds and sources all through the four states. For a lot more data, remember to visit www.harvardpilgrim.org/basis.
Make contact with: [email protected]
Supply The Harvard Pilgrim Wellness Care Basis