Throughout the height of wintertime, persons ever more retreat indoors and glance for a thing to inside of the heat confines of house. A good deal of activities can fit the invoice, but some supply the satisfying prospect of a freshly manufactured meal or dessert.
When searching for recipes for chilly days, contemplate people comfort and ease foodstuff that can be savored warm to chase absent the chill. “Croissant Bread Pudding” is an excellent decision. Topped with a rum-flavored sauce, it is sweet and decadent for all the correct causes. Get pleasure from this recipe from “The Pampered Chef: Stoneware Inspirations” (The Pampered Chef, Ltd.) by The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens.
- 4 substantial croissants (about 3 ounces every)
- 1 purple baking apple, this kind of as Jonathan
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup in addition 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups 50 % and fifty percent
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Frivolously spray a deep baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice croissants from prime to base into 1⁄2-inch slices. Established apart 16 of the biggest slices. Cube remaining slices and location in bottom of baker. Prepare reserved slices more than cubes in an overlapping circular pattern. Main and slice apple, leaving peel on slice slices in fifty percent. Tuck apple slices involving croissant slices.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 1⁄2 cup of the sugar. Pour 50 percent and half into a microwave-secure container and microwave on substantial 2 minutes or till incredibly hot. Little by little incorporate 50 percent and 50 percent to egg combination whisk right up until blended. Carefully pour egg combination over croissants. If needed, flippantly press croissants down to coat.
3. Zest orange to evaluate 2 teaspoons zest. Juice orange to evaluate 1⁄4 cup juice established juice apart. Chop pecans. Merge remaining sugar, orange zest and pecans sprinkle more than croissants. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until finally golden brown and set in centre. Take out from oven to a cooling rack allow stand 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, merge ice cream topping, rum extract, reserved orange juice, and raisins in a microwave-secure container. Microwave on superior 30 to 60 seconds or until eventually incredibly hot pour into serving bowl. Serve sauce in excess of pudding.