This cheddar potato recipe makes a soup that is creamy and sleek with true baked potato taste. You can gown this up with a dollop of bitter product and chives or crumbled bacon, but I like it just as it is.
The flour serves to thicken the soup. I will not like my soup actual thick, so I commonly use much less. If you like a authentic thick soup, boost the quantities to 6 tablespoons or a minor much more. The important point when including flour is to cook it in the butter prior to adding the liquid. This will stay away from that raw flour flavor that can result if the flour is not totally cooked.
It is critical that the soup not boil when the cream is additional. Boiling will lead to the product to individual. If this is a dilemma for you, wait around to include the product just before serving and only reheat.
Cheddar Baked Potato Soup Recipe
6 Tablespoons butter
1 cup yellow onions, diced
4 Tablespoons all-function flour
6 cups hot rooster stock
4 cups baked potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 cups hefty product
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup diced inexperienced onions (white portion only)
Additional grated cheese and chopped parsley for garnish
1. Cook dinner onions in butter around medium-large warmth until clear, about 3 minutes.
2. Incorporate flour, stirring to prevent lumps. Cook 3 – 5 minutes until just golden brown.
3. Insert chicken stock gradually, whisking to avoid lumps, until eventually liquid thickens.
4. Lower heat to simmer and add potatoes, product, chopped bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper sauce and black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Do not boil.
5. Include grated cheese. Heat till cheese melts and soup is easy.
Garnish each individual serving as wanted with grated cheese and chopped parsley. You can also use a dollop of sour product and chives or crumbled bacon.